|CALL CENTRAL RESERVATIONS HOTLINE - 086 199 1199||CAREERS||A MEMBER OF THE
ORION HOTELS GROUP
This quaint town was first inhabited by German settlers in 1848 and is located approximately 40 kilometres from Pietermaritzburg. Wartburg was founded by German Missionaries that settled around Noodsberg Road, the missionaries then founded the first church and school at Kirchdorf in 1881.
Wartburg was named after the Wartburg Castle in Eisenach in Germany. To this day, the Wartburg area has had a large population of German speaking citizens, who predominantly farm in the surrounding area around the town.